A George V Small Tripod Bowl, The Artificers' Guild Ltd, probably designed by Edward Spencer, London 1934, of hammered semi-ovoid shape with punched rim, with interlocked bud-like knees to the reeded and square section outswept short legs with rectangular pad feet, the base with stamped circular mark Edward Spencer, 5cm high, 8cm diameter, 151g, 4 1/2oz See illustration
The Artificers Guild was founded in 1901 by Nelson Dawson who lived at Swan House, Chiswick Mall, London. In 1903 the Artificers Guild passed into the control of Montague E Fordham of Montague Fordham Ltd and his fellow directors. Edward Napier Hitchcock Spencer and Henry Franks Waring trading at the Montague Fordham Gallery, 9 Maddox Street, Regent Street, London, listed there from 1903-1906 as house jeweller and metalworker, and at The Artificers Guild's workshops, Oil Mill Lane, Hammersmith, London. The work of The Artificers Guild, much of it designed by Edward Spencer, extended to stained glass panels and objects in steel, wrought iron, silver, jewelled silver and jewellery.