The Musical Instrument Department’s knowledge and expertise encompasses all music related items, from 17th century violins to fine modern guitars. Three Musical Instrument auctions are held each year, which include:
- Antique, vintage and good modern orchestral instruments such as violins, violas and cellos through to woodwind, brass and percussion instruments
- Vintage and modern guitars, mandolins, banjos and ukuleles
- Musical boxes from the 18th – early 20th century
- Wireless receivers and speakers
- Vintage and good modern amplifiers and stereo equipment, concert PA and effects equipment
The specialists are available to offer guidance on all aspects of selling musical instruments at auction, from single items to large private collections, and impartial advice to prospective buyers is offered.
A Very Fine and Interesting 19th Century French Violin, believed to be by J.B. Vuillaume after StradivariusSold for £52,000
Flat Back Double BassSold for £14,000
J & M Co. Three Overture Music BoxSold for £5,200
Augustinus De Planis Fecit Genuae 1778 Italian ViolinSold for £6,500
An Original 1962 Fender Stratocaster Electric GuitarSold for £8,400
NEWS & INSIGHTS
View Tennants' policy on restricted items
Get your antiques and collectables valued by our team of specialists.
Plan your visit to our Leyburn Head Office and Salerooms, or our Harrogate and London Offices