The Musical Instrument Department’s knowledge and expertise encompasses all music related items, from 17th century violins to fine modern guitars. Three Musical Instrument auctions are held each year, which include:
- Antique, vintage and good modern orchestral instruments such as violins, violas and cellos through to woodwind, brass and percussion instruments
- Vintage and modern guitars, mandolins, banjos and ukuleles
- Musical boxes from the 18th – early 20th century
- Wireless receivers and speakers
- Vintage and good modern amplifiers and stereo equipment, concert PA and effects equipment
The specialists are available to offer guidance on all aspects of selling musical instruments at auction, from single items to large private collections, and impartial advice to prospective buyers is offered.
We are now inviting entries for our forthcoming sales. If you have items you would like to consign, please request a free valuation using the link below.
A Very Fine and Interesting 19th Century French Violin, believed to be by J.B. Vuillaume after StradivariusSold for £52,000
Augustinus De Planis Fecit Genuae 1778 Italian ViolinSold for £6,500
Fender Stratocaster Guitar (1962) serial no.87362Sold for £25,000
An Extremely Fine And Rare Key-Wind Hooked-Tooth Piano-Forte Overture Musical Box, By Nicole FrèresSold for £9,000
Violin By John Lott 14 1/8"Sold for £13,000
NEWS & INSIGHTS
31st January 2024, 10:30
View Tennants' policy on restricted items
Get your antiques and collectables valued by our team of specialists.
Plan your visit to our Leyburn Head Office and Salerooms, or our Harrogate and London Offices