The Scientific Instruments Department covers a wide range of fascinating areas of collecting.
The specialist sales, designed to appeal to collectors, are held three times a year and include:
- Microscopes, telescopes and binoculars
- Surveying and navigational equipment and globes
- Medical and pharmaceutical instruments and equipment
- Woodworking and engineering tools and technical drawing instruments
- Weighing and measuring devices
- Mining equipment
- Cameras, from vintage to modern
- Optical toys including magic lanterns and stereo card viewers
With a strong reputation in the field and a global client base, the Department has been trusted to handle notable private collections of scientific instruments, such as the David Bellamy Collection of Microscopes and Related Equipment.
The specialist is available to offer guidance on all aspects of selling musical instruments at auction, from single items to large private collections, and impartial advice to prospective buyers is offered.
Heath & Wing (London) Brass Theodolite/MiningSold for £10,000
A rare example of a George Adams "New Universal" microscopeSold for £12,000
A Samuel Alcock & Co., Cobridge, Staffordshire Earthenware Pharmacy Leech Jar and CoverSold for £2,900
A Set of One Hundred and Thirty Five Real Photographic Magic Lantern Slides Depicting Shackleton's Antarctic Expedition 1914-1917Sold for £4,500
Deep Cell Microscope Sample MountsSold for £3,200
NEWS & INSIGHTS
26th May 2021, 10:30
Get your antiques and collectables valued by our team of specialists.
Plan your visit to our Leyburn Head Office and Salerooms, or our Harrogate and London Offices